Working with Celeste Bateman is a pleasure. We appreciate her personal touch, efficiency and flexibility
Current and/or recent clients include:
- ***Nationally & Internationally***
- Cave Canem Foundation (Brooklyn & Pittsburgh)
- 651 Arts (NYC)
- Renaissance One (UK)
- National University of Ireland (Galway)
- Hammer Museum (UCLA)
- Museum of Contemporary Art (Detroit)
- Black Theatre Workshop (Montreal)
- AKAMU Music Management (Bologna, Italy)
- University of Kent (UK)
- The Newark Public Library
- The New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Crossroads Theatre Company
- African American Heritage Parade Committee
- Newark Arts Council
- Connection Newark
- Newark Downtown District
- Newark School of the Arts
- United Way of Essex & West Hudson
- Newark Symphony Hall
…and numerous other national and international presenters, venues, universities and colleges.
Prior to starting her business, Ms. Bateman was cultural affairs supervisor for the City of Newark, New Jersey. Prior to her service with the city of Newark, she was the program coordinator at the Newark Museum. She also served as interim executive director of the Newark Arts Council, a non-profit organization that serves the city’s artists and arts organizations.
Ms. Bateman is a freelance writer and curator. She wrote and produced the Gospel play, We’ve Got the Victory which was performed in New York City and at various venues in New Jersey in the late 1990s and one of her short stories was published in talk show host, Tavis Smiley’s book Keeping the Faith which won an NAACP Image Award in 2003.
Ms. Bateman has served on various Boards including WBGO Jazz 88 (the number one jazz station on the Eastern Seaboard) and served on numerous volunteer committees and projects throughout her career. She is currently Vice Chair, Newark Community Economic Development Corp. Board of Directors. She received her B.A. in Theatre Arts and Speech from Rutgers University and holds a Masters in Communication Arts from Montclair State University.
(Photo credit: Stafford Woods)